Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Corner Lot

Here are some pictures of our lot.The sign on the lot. It should say sold instead of available. These shots are looking down the street to the west. Looking South. Looking East. Looking North.

This is the model we looked at. Our house will basically be the same. The only difference is we will have a material called hardy board as our siding, with stone right above the foundation.
Here are some examples of hardy board. These homes are all in our future neighborhood. We really like the blue, but the green is cute too!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Moving on up... to The Kensington

We moved into our home two years ago today. It has been a busy two years. Almost from day one we have been remodeling something or other. Finally, last December we finished all the major renovations and since then have been taking a long needed break and enjoying the fruits of our labors.

But I am happy and sad at the same time to announce that we are selling our home and building a new home.

We have picked out a floor plan and are in the stages of finalizing pricing and features. The next few months are going to be very busy. Right now, we are de-junking, fixing small things around the house and staging it to sell. It has been a very tiring week. But in the end it will be well worth it!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Frame a wreath, then display some birds

This past weekend, I went to St. George, while there I visited the DI (I know a real shocker.) I found some really great stuff. Among those finds were two frames. I couldn't pass them up. Especially at $2 a piece. Once I got them home, I cleaned them (boy where they dirty), and painted one of them orange. I also applied some walnut stain to bring out some detail of the frame. Lastly, I tied a wreath to the frame with ribbon and added two little birdies. Cute!

I have been collecting birds from Dollar Tree and The DI for a few months now. On one of my many trips to the DI, I picked up this shelf thing. I knew it had potential, and for $2 it really wasn't going to break the bank if I didn't end up using it. First thing I did was take a chisel to the bow, and the back panel. I painted, stained and glazed it. Finally I got it to look right. After it was dry enough, I put my birdies in their little cubbyhole and put them on display.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Bird Bowl Towers- Part II

I finally made the other two bird bowl towers. The hard part was deciding colors. It was then that I looked over at my couch and noticed my pillows I finished sewing two weeks earlier. A light bulb went off and I thought to myself, "Why don't I do pink and orange to match the fabric and color scheme I am going for."
Here is a picture of the towers before I painted or sanded. Finding fillers weren't very hard since I am on a bird kick, so I found things that relate to birds.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Birdcage and a Cloche

I went to the DI today (again...) and found some great stuff. Among that stuff was items to make a cloche, more bird bowl tower stuff (I need to wait for the glue to dry before I can do anything :0/) and a birdcage that was screaming for help.

Do you know what a cloche is? Well, if you don't know, just scroll down...

First I got my ingredients... a cloche, plate, and a pedestal. After gluing the pedestal to the plate, find things to display under the cloche. I put some moss and eggs under the glass cover. I added a bird on the outside to give it a kick.

What do you think?

This is the birdcage that was screaming for help. I took the innards out and attempted to spray paint it brown but ran out of spray paint. It didn't turn out too well, but I will fix it. Somehow.

Any ideas on how to decorate this puppy?

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bird Bowl Tower

The website Trash 2 Treasure is my new obsession. She has so many cute things in her store. After one of my many trips to this website, I found something I had to make. So on one of my many DI trips, I picked up everything I needed: a bottom piece, a middle piece and a bowl- all out of wood. First thing first I used my E-6000 glue to glue all the pieces together like so: and let the glue dry overnight. Then I sanded all the pieces. Picked the color of paint I wanted (Americana brand Bahama Blue.) I first painted the wood white to prime it. Then I painted it my blue color. I then sanded some areas and rubbed walnut stain all over to give it an aged look. Finally I was able to add some moss, a little birdie and three little eggs that are actually gum...

So cute, If I may say so myself...