Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Three Benches

Let me start off by saying, "I LOVE this time of year!!!"

I found this picture on one of my many GOOGLE image viewing sessions. I immediately fell in love and had to have my own.SO I went to the best place around to find plans for the "5 Board Bench." I went to Ana White's website (aka Knock Off Wood) and downloaded her plans. Go HERE for the plans.We went to the Home Depot to buy the wood. I think this whole project was around $100. Matt then spent a few hours building the benches for me. All three after assembly. I was really torn on what color to paint them. I thought red at first, but I thought it may clash, so I went with black instead.

Here they are decorated...

I even made some more "SQUARE PUMPKINS". I made smaller ones last year. GO HERE for that tutorial.
And I made some more spraypaint pillows.

Go HERE for a tutorial on how to make pillows similar to these.
(I didn't use KRYLON Glitter Blast on these).

I will be adding these pillows to my Etsy Shop...

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Etsy Shop Now Open

Hey Everyone out there... I have opened a Etsy Shop. If you like the Trick Or Treat pillows you can now purchase a set like mine.

To visit my shop, click on the link to the left side of the page.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Krylon Glitter Blast Halloween Pillows

First, I picked a font and cut out a pattern using my Cricut. This font is called Greer. You can get it HERE.
I found this drop cloth at Walmart for $10. Believe me, you will never run out...
Out of the drop cloth, I cut six 15"x15" squares.
Next, I sprayed the back of the pattern with adhesive, and centered it on the square. Press it down and make sure it sticks. I taped the edges that were showing so the glitter would not get everywhere.
After you have everything in its place, SPRAY!! Be sure to stay 12 inches away and cover the area well.
Carefully take the pattern off and let dry for 20 mins.
The can says not handle for 24 hrs, but it seemed to be pretty dry, SO I went ahead and sewed the back of the pillow on and left a hole to insert the stuffing.
Finally, stuff the pillow and sew the hole up...

Now you got yourself some mighty cute Halloween Pillows!

To Purchase pillows like these, visit my Etsy shop by clicking on the link on the left side of my page.
New colors are now available!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ikea Built-ins

Right after we moved in... a year ago... we went to Ikea's Billy Bookcase planner online(go HERE)and made a plan for a built-in media center. We needed a place for our movies, and I wanted a place to put my books and trinkets.

In all we got:
(2) 31.5"x11"x79.5" Billy Bookcases
(1) 31.5'x11'x41.75" Billy Bookcase
(2) 15.75"x11"x41.75" Billy Bookcases
(1) 47.25"x11"x13.75 wallshelf (bridge)
(2) 15.75"x11"x13.75" Height Extensions
(2) 7 7/8"x 6 3/4"x79.5" DVD Towers- We cut them in half. We still had to but two because of how they are assembled.
(4) 15.75"x38 5/8" Doors. You can also get glass doors if you want...

Home Deopt:
3/4"- 4'x8' MDF sheets
1.5"x 8' primed MDF trim
paint to match the bookcases. Home Depot color matched for us.
Caulking Once we got all those boxes home, we assembled them all. Ikea has made it pretty easy... Just follow the picture instructions.Once Everything is put together, now comes the hard part.. Matt had to measure each side and cut MDF to fit. He put MDF between each bookcase, so we could trim the whole thing to make it look finished.
If you notice, we had to bring the middle three bookcases forward, so we could have enough space on top to put our TV. This creates a gap in the back. Since we were going to put on doors, we really didn't finish the inside. I guess you could cut more MDF and finish it off if you really wanted to. There is no picture for this, but we trimmed out each edge to make it look finished. Then painted the trim and MDF to match the bookcase color. Ta-Dah! We did it piece by piece, day by day, but it finally got done and I love it. Now I have a place for my books and decor. (Obviously this is an old photo...It is not Valentines Day.)

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dollar Store Fall Wreath

The following project was pretty much inspired by House of Hepworth's Pinwheel Wreath. Allison made an awesome wreath out of Dollar Tree grasses and pinwheels.
I loved the wreath, so I bought my supplies and went to work.

You can find the tutorial for the wreath HERE. Allison posted a great video that is simple to follow. Instead of adding pinwheels, I decided to add fall foliage. SO, once I have all the grasses glued down, I added cattails and other things into the grass to add interest.

I think in all this cost maybe $10. Way cheap, and super easy.