Tuesday, December 4, 2012

NOEL supersized

I'm sure by now, you have seen this image all over Pinterest. I'm sure, like me, you loved it and had to have it!
Since I have 9ft ceilings, I had to make my letters big.
I used a 3.5"x6' fence slat and made a "N" and a "L". For the "E" I used a 1 inch wide board. I made my letters 22" tall.
I used a twig wreath for the "O". To add some pizazz, I spray-painted it silver.
Lastly, I painted each letter a different color. I painted the "N" gold, the "E" buttermilk cream and the "L" avocado green. After the paint was dry, I sanded the edges of each letter to made it look worn.
This project was fun, and cheap.
Merry Christmas!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ballard Design's Botanical Prints- Knockoff

Have you seen these awesome Christmas plant/flower botanical prints That Ballard Designs have for sale? They are adorable!!!
Since they are so adorable, I wanted some for my wall. But at $150, that was not going to happen... So, I enlisted the help of my Photoshop savvy husband to make them for me.
First thing I had to do was find botanical prints that look like the ones on Ballard Designs. Thankfully, I found them and all in one spot... Etsy.com. For my project, Matt was able to take the images off the internet and redesign them in Photoshop. If you are not able to do that, click on the flower name and it will take you to the Etsy shops that I found them in...

American Holly
Hawthorne Berry
After Matt had designed and sized them to what I wanted them, we sent them off to Sam's Club to be developed. We spent about $12 on four 12"x16" prints. Not too shabby. Once the prints were back, we put them in Ikea frames and hung them on the wall.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Christmas Pillows

I have added some new Christmas pillows to my Etsy shop...
All are available for purchase in my Etsy Shop...

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Frankenstein Pillow

Frankenstein Pillow Tutorial:
I designed a stencil on my Sir Cuts A lot program and cut it out with my Cricut. I then made a 11"x26" pillowcase out of a painter's dropcloth. After those two steps, I sprayed the back of the stencil with spray adhesive and centered it on the front pillowcase piece.
Next, I taped the bolts off, and painted that area with silver acrylic paint. Once the silver paint was dry, I took the tape off and painted the letters with lime green acrylic paint.
This is what the front of the pillow looked like after the stencil was pulled off.
I wanted to add some pizazz to the lettering, so I used my sewing machine and sewed on some stitches. Next, with right sides together, I sewed the back piece onto the front piece. Be sure to leave a hole so you can turn it right side out. Finally I stuffed it with stuffing and sewed the hole shut.
I also made a Frankenstein pillow with felt letters.
Crow Pillow
Using the same technique as my Trick or Treat Pillows, I made myself some Gobble Gobble Gobble pillows. I think they turned out just as adorable...

All of the above pillows are for sale in my Etsy Shop.

My Mom has also made some fantastic Halloween pillows. If you wonder where I get my creativity, it comes from my mother.
Aren't they adorable!
My mom found a pattern for these two pillows on Pinterest and recreated some for herself...
Isn't this Frank pillow the cutest! My mom is so talented.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Copy Cat Halloween

I found a couple of projects online that I wanted to recreate.
I originally found this great project on Burton Avenue I changed a couple of of the road names, but everything else is the same.
I found this wreath project on Ready, Set, Craft I bought my bones from orientaltrading.com for $30. I like my wreath, but I like the original a whole lot better.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Halloween Tree

Halloween Tree Tutorial:
Halloween Tree Supplies:
-dead tree branch
-plaster of paris
-planter box/urn
-decorative moss
-spray paint
Mix together some plaster of paris and water until you get the right consistency.
Put the tree branch in the urn and situate it so the tree branch sticks straight up. You need to secure it so it stays in place. We sandwiched it between wire and our house. Next, pour the plaster of paris into the urn.
Let the plaster dry for a couple of days...
Next, spraypaint the tree branch black. Let that dry.
Lastly, glue some moss around the branch so it hides the plaster.
I found a great spot on my porch to display it...
I added some crows (I found them at Dollar Tree) to the branches.
So easy, cheap and CUTE!

You can buy the pillows in my Etsy Shop, plus many others....